Old November 25th 18, 09:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default New timetables online: Park Royal parly to be diverted

Basil Jet wrote:
On 25/11/2018 00:55, Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
On 24/11/2018 20:30, Recliner wrote:

That means the daily Chiltern
service to Paddington will also finish soon.

Apparently it will be diverted to West Ealing at the December timetable
change, but I can't find it at all in the new timetables.

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/runnin...ail-timetable/

I suppose that makes sense in terms of maintaining Chiltern drivers' route
knowledge for diversions.

However, I hope that Chiltern's request for a reopened line into the new
OOC Crossrail/HS2/GWR station comes to fruition, so it can run an hourly
service to it from Milton Keynes via Aylesbury.

It seems like a stupid place to terminate - I can't see many people
getting trains in from High Wycombe to change onto HS2 for Birmingham.
Crossrail is just a glorified tube line - although I suppose the other
Chiltern trains terminate at a station with only one tube line.

It's Crossrail, including the Heathrow link, that's their main target. The
HS2 link would have less relevance. The connection to the GWR might be more
important for some.

Crossrail is much more than a glorified tube line.

I'd rather they put a curve through the industrial site car park to link
to the line that goes near Willesden Junction before heading south to
Clapham Junction and further.

The West London line will also have an OOC station, as will the Richmond
line. OOC will be a major interchange station that may also get a Central
Line station.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_...ailway_station