Old January 22nd 19, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
blt_djn@py_.net blt_djn@py_.net is offline

Default Oxford tube - Commuting to oxford from London

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 08:01:41 +0000
Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 21/01/2019 21:23, wrote:
Hi there,

Does anybody know if it is doable/plausible to commute from London to

oxford. The oxford tube looks to be a good option since I live west London,
but I’m not sure about morning rush hour. (I’m hoping compared to all the
traffic coming into London leaving London shouldn’t be that bad)

Thanks

Unless you live in Hillingdon, and work near Gloucester Green in Oxford,
you're looking at at least an average of 2 hours each way every day - is
that really what you want?

Indeed. I once had an interview in Reading for a rather good job, but by
the time I'd driven there I knew I wouldn't be taking it. There was no way
either myself or the car could handle that commute each day.