Old January 28th 19, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] blt_cr5v2rzrvy@20qed.gov.uk is offline

Default When the software meets the hardware

On 28 Jan 2019 10:19:40 +0000 (GMT)
Jonathan Amery wrote:
In article , wrote:

This is the UK, not the outback. There are pubs and service stations along
almost all roads. Finding somewhere to stop is usually a 15 min job at most
plus service station toilets are a damn site nicer than some stinking cramped
cupboard on a train.

You must go to some fairly boring places for holiday. We would

Nothing boring about Europe.

frequently travel the last hour entirely on B roads or worse and in

Where are you going where you need to travel for an hour on B roads? Northern
Scotland?

those days rural pubs wouldn't let children in even just to use the
toilets; I have no idea if that's improved since I don't have any of
my own.

These days most "pubs" are just family restaurants in disguise. Whether thats
a good thing or not probably depends on whether you have kids.

For that matter the few motorway services I have the misfortune to
encounter are rarely even as clean as railway toilets.

Its probably a toss up with station toilets vs service station toilets for
cleanliness. But most *train* toilets are usually fairly disgusting in the
few times I've seen in.