Old February 12th 19, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] blt_x8fIr@7fbp9eng1yi.gov.uk is offline

Default Uber Representative Calls For A United Protest

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 14:00:30 +0000
David Walters wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 12:22:20 +0000, John Williamson
wrote:
What's really going to **** them off is the new ULEZ that kicks in on
the date given, so anything earlier than Euro 6

Or Euro 4 for petrol.

will cost a fortune to
take in. It's also annoying transport companies, as using any lorry or
coach older than Euro 6 will cost £200 a day. The company I work for has
has to spend over two million quid to update our fleet to comply.

That's not annoying, that's fantastic news for the people that breath
the air in London[1]. I look forward to the improvement in air quality for
millions and the resultant improvement in health and healthcare savings.

Meanwhile all the extra CO2 from the manufacture of the replacement vehicles
chain will simple hasten climate change that little bit faster. I'll take
local pollution over global pollution any day. And a lot of the people whining
about air quality are the same people who install wood burning stoves in their
farrow and ball decorated living rooms.