Old February 18th 19, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Uber Representative Calls For A United Protest

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 12:56:26PM +0000, wrote:

I realise trucks are built to last a lot longer than cars, but even so, surely
a 15 year old truck is going to be pretty heavy on maintenance costs?

A car that is actually looked after doesn't have significantly higher
maintenance costs in year 15 than in year 5. I ASSume that the same
applies to larger vehicles. Whether the cost of that maintenance from
the beginning of its life is worthwhile is a different kettle of fish.
For all I know it might be cheaper to just run a lorry into the ground
every few years and buy new.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
-- Fergus Henderson