Old March 16th 19, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default GOBLIN electric tomorrow 28/01

On 16/03/2019 16:19, Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
On 15/03/2019 21:29, Recliner wrote:
Robin9 wrote:

Message boards today at Leyton Midland Road Station
state the frequency will be halved in a few days time.
I've yet to see this authorised and functioning 710 so
perhaps it's being used for crew training now.

Yes. I think they've been test running at night on the line for a few
weeks, followed by a diesel Thunderbird loco at first. Presumably it's now
reliable enough to run among service trains without an accompanying rescue
loco. There have been several units on test, not sure how many on the
Goblin.

The good news is that if the problems are purely in the TMS software, it
shouldn't take long to bring all the delivered units (six?) up to spec.

The weekly TfL newsletter says:
"From Monday 18 March, there will be a reduced weekday service between
Gospel Oak and Barking. Trains will run about every 30 minutes. A reduced
service will continue on this route every day until further notice, due to
a lack of available trains. For weekday train times, check our temporary
timetable. "

You'd think they would have at least mentioned that the halving of the
frequency will be accompanied by a doubling of the train length.

It's not really: the three 4-car 378s were already in service on the line.
All that changes from today is that the last three 172s have gone.

It's a doubling of the train lengths present a few months ago.

--
Basil Jet - Current favourite song...
Spratleys Japs - Hands (Marc Riley session)