Old April 27th 19, 06:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default London Routemasters

On 26/04/2019 20:26, John Williamson wrote:
On 26/04/2019 19:17, Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 14:50:22 +0100, Robin wrote:

Don't know about full but the reduction was known about last year.
Reasons covered in eg
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/changes-to...tage-buses.pdf

Why is the reason for keeping the submitter secret? What sort of
entity would that be?

Someone who didn't want to get all the flak from the users and supporters.

Buried in the .pdf "As London’s transport authority we have
a clear mandate and requirement to provide Londoner’s with a safe,
integrated, accessible, clean, efficient and economic transport service.
Operating and marketing a tourist bus is outside our mandate."

They also mention that the subsidy per passenger on the 15H is £9.00 as
against £0.23 on the 15.

No matter what we think, this last is probably the real reason, all the
rest is window dressing.

It was also running at an average of something like 10 passengers per
bus which seems very low for that route.

Although saying that, and TfL saying that running tourist buses isn't in
their remit, you frequently see very small numbers on the hop-on/off
buses which presumably contribute to congestion and pollution. I'd have
thought TfL could run a much better service...