Old April 27th 19, 07:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Marland Marland is offline

Default London Routemasters

Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 26/04/2019 20:26, John Williamson wrote:
On 26/04/2019 19:17, Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 14:50:22 +0100, Robin wrote:

Don't know about full but the reduction was known about last year.
Reasons covered in eg
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/changes-to...tage-buses.pdf

Why is the reason for keeping the submitter secret? What sort of
entity would that be?

Someone who didn't want to get all the flak from the users and supporters.

Buried in the .pdf "As London’s transport authority we have
a clear mandate and requirement to provide Londoner’s with a safe,
integrated, accessible, clean, efficient and economic transport service.
Operating and marketing a tourist bus is outside our mandate."

They also mention that the subsidy per passenger on the 15H is £9.00 as
against £0.23 on the 15.

No matter what we think, this last is probably the real reason, all the
rest is window dressing.

It was also running at an average of something like 10 passengers per
bus which seems very low for that route.

It would be interesting to know what the normal buses on that route carry.
I can well understand that 12 years after normal Routemaster services were
withdrawn the lure of riding on them has diminished, the bus enthusiasts
will have had their fill and for many tourists a London bus just has to be
Double Deck and Red. Many of the the younger visitors will have been
children 12 years ago
and interest in the Routemaster and its place as the last traditional type
open platform bus will never have been part of their curriculum of life.

GH