Old May 12th 19, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London pollution monitoring

On 12/05/2019 10:36, wrote:

Slightly related to this, I run a G-Wiz, and have worked out that using

Why? Apart from having no crash protection they're small, slow and have a very
limited range. They're 1980s engineering.

My daily commute is two miles, all inside the 30 mph limit. That quickly
wrecks an internal combustion engine, so an electric vehicle makes
sense. It gets charged twice a week. Also, the most important piece of
safety equipment on any car is the squishy bit between the seat and the
steering wheel. If I had spent double what it cost me to buy,I could
save about a third of the energy, if I had spent five times more, I
could have a safer vehicle. I drive 25 miles a week or less in my
private car, and 200 to 400 miles a day at work.

the normal mix of generation in the UK, my CO2 emissions are equivalent
to a petrol car doing 40 MPG.

That seems a bit pessimistic to me, especialy given UK generation has run
without coal now for a week.

At the time I checked it, it was accurate,using live figures. If I were
charging it today, it would be about 80 mpg.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.