Old June 30th 19, 02:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default London pollution monitoring

On 30/06/2019 11:23, Robin9 wrote:
Should Sadiq Khan, TfL or the London Borough of Waltham Forest
each be fined £ 100.00?

http://tinyurl.com/y2pe3yvd

There is no environmental difference between a car parked with
its engine running and a car needlessly stationery because
unnecessary traffic lights have been installed or because pavements
have been widened to prevent cars from overtaking a bus.

Most modern cars will shut off the engine if sitting at lights, etc.
Although this does rely on the driver selecting neutral and putting the
handbrake on, and how many people do that..? No, they just sit there in
front of you with their foot on the brake giving you full brake light
intensity, lovely at night, I don't think grrrr...

By the way, as a former bus driver, I am not keen on the way some people
overtake buses when they're at stops. I once had a car belt past me and
then do a sharp 90-degree left turn into the side road 6ft in front of
the bus, just as I had just started to pull away from a stop (and yes I
was indicating, and in plenty of time).

A young woman holding an 18-month old child lost her footing and the kid
banged his head on the luggage rack rails. I was there for over an hour
waiting for an ambulance and the police, fortunately the little boy
didn't sustain any serious injury.

--
Ria in Aberdeen