Old July 3rd 19, 11:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default London pollution monitoring

In message , at 11:30:35 on Wed, 3 Jul 2019,
tim... remarked:

some years ago I bought a 10 YO Fiesta Ghia

It was less well speced than the then-current GL model

but because it was a "Ghia" was in a higher insurance group

The model is a proxy for the demographic of the people who tend to
buy them, and your insurance company had decided that on balance
people buying the Ghia were worse drivers than those buying the GL.
They'll have some stats to back that up, of course.

New perhaps

10 years old, you just get what's available that week

(that how I ended up with the Micra)

Their stats must show that the effect doesn't completely wear off, for
the average buyer (which I doubt anyone will accuse you of being).