Old July 16th 19, 08:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default ES: Crossrail at risk of being delayed even further

In message , at 15:47:50 on Sat, 13 Jul
2019, Recliner remarked:

are you suggesting Khan should have chosen different contractors ?

I'm suggesting he should have had people monitoring what the contractors were doing,
and more to the point monitoring how well the TfL people supposed to be managing the
contractors were doing.

Really ? So its all Khan's fault ?

According to this

" Both the DfT and Transport for London (TfL) are joint sponsors
of the project, which is run through an "arms-length" body, Crossrail Ltd."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47787367

So are you saying that's wrong, and that the Department for Transport
had no role to play in all of this ?

As I notice you haven't mentioned them up to now.

I mentioned it upthread, but Roland magisterially dismissed my comment.

I didn't contest it, if that's what you mean.

Me: The DfT is certainly involved, too.

Roland: In as subsidiary role. The Mayor's at the top of the pile.

Of course the DfT is involved, because the majority of the Crossrail
route is on existing NR corridors. Perhaps you have over-read the word
"joint" to mean "equal".

I didn't bother pursuing it, as Roland's in a particularly argumentative
mood today, even by his standards.

If by "argumentative" you mean sticking to my guns that the Mayor has he
primary supervisory role, not one anything to do with choosing
contractors (where you get the idea I suggested that, I have no idea).