Old July 16th 19, 02:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was coveringfor brother

On 16/07/2019 15:00, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:57:27 on Tue, 16 Jul
2019, Someone Somewhere remarked:
My Android 9 phone is dual sim.
Â*Active, standby or hybrid? Maybe the Virgin trick doesn't work on a
standby basis, and all the hybrid I've seen today are also standby.
Â*If I add in my requirement for a replaceable battery, 32GB, active
dual-SIM, I think that narrows the field to zero.

Â*Accepting a hybrid dual-SIM doesn't help, unfortunately (with 32GB,
IÂ* probably wouldn't need an SD card).

Many of the OnePlus handsets are dual SIM and have been for several
years.Â* Both SIMs are active in terms of calls and SMS,Â* 1both can do
2G-4G.Â*Â* You have an easy toggle to switch which one is currently used
for data.Â* No replaceable battery though.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. But they are about three times as much
as I'd want to spend.

So the budget is around £200? The OnePlus stuff is good value but
admittedly not cheap anymore (ie for £600 you get what you'd pay maybe
£800-£900 for a Samsung or similar).

What's the desire for a removeable battery these days? I get that
batteries die progressively after a couple of years or more, but until
then portable power banks are higher capacity and more flexible (you can
use them with multiple things!) than a spare battery.