Old July 17th 19, 09:49 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Anna Noyd-Dryver Anna Noyd-Dryver is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train wascovering for brother

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:49:03 on Tue, 16 Jul
2019, Someone Somewhere remarked:
On 16/07/2019 15:00, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:57:27 on Tue, 16 Jul
2019, Someone Somewhere remarked:
My Android 9 phone is dual sim.
Â*Active, standby or hybrid? Maybe the Virgin trick doesn't work on
a standby basis, and all the hybrid I've seen today are also standby.
Â*If I add in my requirement for a replaceable battery, 32GB, active
dual-SIM, I think that narrows the field to zero.

Â*Accepting a hybrid dual-SIM doesn't help, unfortunately (with
32GB, IÂ* probably wouldn't need an SD card).

Many of the OnePlus handsets are dual SIM and have been for several
years.Â* Both SIMs are active in terms of calls and SMS,Â* 1both can do
2G-4G.Â*Â* You have an easy toggle to switch which one is currently
used for data.Â* No replaceable battery though.
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. But they are about three times as
much as I'd want to spend.

So the budget is around £200?

More like £150.

The OnePlus stuff is good value but admittedly not cheap anymore (ie
for £600 you get what you'd pay maybe £800-£900 for a Samsung or
similar).

I'd never pay that for a Samsung (or anything else).

Having said that, I've got a locked 8GB Samsung J3 here for a project,
and if the client paid more than £100 for that, they were robbed!

What's the desire for a removeable battery these days? I get that
batteries die progressively after a couple of years or more, but until
then portable power banks are higher capacity and more flexible (you
can use them with multiple things!) than a spare battery.

I suppose if there was a thin power bank I could superglue to the back
of a phone, and have an unobtrusive permanently connected cable, that
might just substitute for having a phone where I can change a normal
battery in under a minute.

But I suspect that the power bank wouldn't do a pass-through for
connecting to the phone's internal storage. How do you suggest fixing
that?

The product you want is a charging case; they’re available for some
smartphones but not all. The case has a built-in external battery, and you
can use the case’s usb socket as if it was the phone’s one. However they’re
*considerably* more expensive than a plain external battery of the same
capacity (like ~10x the price).

Anna Noyd-Dryver