Old July 19th 19, 06:21 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was covering for brother

In message , at 19:31:24 on Thu, 18
Jul 2019, MissRiaElaine remarked:

I really do wonder what all these people I see walking along the street
with their heads buried in their so-called "smart" phones are doing.

I'm usually checking whether the train I'm trying to catch is running on
time. It'd be checking the buses, if we had any useful ones where I live
at the moment.

Sometimes I might be looking at Facebook/Twitter, which although some
scoff is simply the latest way to share things with small groups of
people [who these days mainly aren't on Usenet].

Today I'll be looking for an SMS with a magic code to "Click and
Collect" something I bought online [PC not phone] earlier in the week.
But admittedly, a candybar phone would be just as good for that.

"Waiting till I got home" to find the equivalent on a postcard in the
letterbox, would be a bit late.