Old July 19th 19, 11:20 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Anna Noyd-Dryver Anna Noyd-Dryver is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train wascovering for brother

MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 18/07/2019 22:32, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:

I have a landline installed but it’s never had a telephone connected to it.
In the previous place I lived, I did have a telephone connected, and the
only calls I ever received were for previous users of that number.

If you have a landline, surely it's cheaper to use it for calls than a
mobile..?

I make voice calls so rarely that I’ve never reached the end of my included
minutes. My current tariff includes unlimited calls in any case; I’ve used
43 minutes in the last month!

For us, it's still cheaper to use our landline than a mobile.
As I said, a mobile is an emergency device for us, 99.9% of the calls we
make can wait until we're home.

We're now on the O2 classic PAYG, no monthly top-up required, just a
call or text every 6 months. 3p/min for calls, 2p/text and 1p/MB data
(which never gets used as the 6310i doesn't do this new-fangled interweb..!)

My other half once made £20 last 4 years..! I've not quite done that,
but I've come close. Why spend money you don't have to..? We might
possibly be able to do without a landline if we didn't need broadband,
but since we do, and we get inclusive calls at a good price, it makes
sense to use it rather than spend oodles on a mobile contract.

I use a lot of mobile data when I’m out and about - on the bus, travelling
by train, sitting in the park, on breaks at work etc. Mostly it’s social
media, maps, messaging and web browsing, including uploading photographs of
days out etc. My laptop often doesn’t get switched on from one month to the
next, I do almost everything I would have used that for, on my phone now.

Anna Noyd-Dryver