Old August 1st 19, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default West Hamstead North London Line Station

On 01/08/2019 13:43, Basil Jet wrote:
On 01/08/2019 11:11, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 01/08/2019 10:26, Robin9 wrote:
For the first time in ages, I alighted yesterday at West Hampstead
Station on the North London Line. This station has been a building
site for a very long time and it now seems the work is nearing
completion.

The old entrance hall is closed and on Sunday a new one opened
a few yards further south. It's spacious and well lit and is an
improvement on the previous arrangement.

I don't know how much has been spent on both this station and
the Thameslink West Hampstead in recent years but my guess is
a lot. I still think it would have been better thirty or forty years ago

to have built a new, combined West Hampstead Station where the
North London Line crosses over the Midland main Line.

Which would have ended up at Frognall!

I presume you mean "At Finchley Rd & Frognal station". Frognal itself is
further east where the NLL is in tunnel.

I'm not aware of another station, also can't spell!

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.