Old September 10th 19, 11:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default Electric Shapps

On 10/09/2019 12:13, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:20:29 on Tue, 10 Sep
2019, Recliner remarked:

Apart from my very first car, I've always had brand new cars, whether as
company vehicles or personal purchases.

Same as my dad. I never did get where he found the money, as we weren't
a rich family when I was growing up. Still aren't..!

I was spoilt for a long time by being given brand new company cars
(never met a company prepared to buy a used car) although that often
restricts the choice to something I might not have bought with my own
money.

Being 'forced' to change it after three years when perfectly happy with
it, grated a bit. One company I know churned them at six months!

I was extremely dis-chuffed when the local car club here decided to get
rid of the Hyundai ix35 hydrogen cars they had after three years, with
only 14k miles on them. It had taken me two of those years to persuade
them to let me have access to them, as they were technically council
pool cars.

--
Ria in Aberdeen