Old September 10th 19, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Electric Shapps

On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 14:28:10 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 13:48:11 on
Tue, 10 Sep 2019, Recliner remarked:

Most companies have policies, which even if they aren't "this model,
whatever colour they have in stock this week", can include parameters
such as insisting on 4+ doors (so customers can be taken out to lunch in
relative comfort), specific makes, and a non-negotiable ceiling price.

Those policies applied early in my career, but later, the rules that I
had to follow were much more flexible for senior staff.

Depends on the company. Some expect the senior staff to set an example
to the more junior ones, by adhering to a fairly strict policy.

True, but luckily it didn't happen with me. I knew one company where
the owner had an M3 as his company car, and used that as a reason to
stop anyone else from having anything more than the lesser 3 Series
models.

I even had an Alfa Romeo once

Sometimes it's possible to play the system, so with the constraint once
of "Any Astra this garage has in stock", I got away with a red GTE.

All my company cars were ordered for me, built to my spec.

That wouldn't have worked for my Astra, because I needed it by the end
of the week.

I sometimes had to wait months for my new BMWs to be built to my
exacting spec, but I had a perfectly good previous car in the mean
time.