Old September 11th 19, 07:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Electric Shapps

In message , at 00:06:56 on Wed,
11 Sep 2019, Theo remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
No good for about half the houses-with-garages I've owned over the
years, then. Only works for an integral garage, not most detached ones.
Not that I've ever used an integral garage to store a car in (rather
than using it as a lockup).

In that case, mount the charger box on the house near where you'd park the
car. If you're not storing the car in or near the garage, there's no
dependency on supplying power to the garage. The charger is waterproof and
it's intended to go outside.

That assumes the available parking is adjacent to one's own home, rather
than someone else's.

The parking here https://goo.gl/maps/hnfKpHB6kdKyLPpy6 for example is
one garage/drive for the adjacent two-storey house, and another for its
terraced 3-storey neighbour.