Old September 11th 19, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Northern Line goes south

"Recliner" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 10/09/2019 20:21, Recliner wrote:
Sammi Gray-Jones wrote:

And as you rightly point out it's now 0-62.5mph, still in miles per
hour. Not 0-100 kph.

It's quoted that way for the benefit of ignorant Brits, but what they
actually measure is 0-100 km/h. Many cars are limited to 250 km/h,
described as '155 mph' for ignorant Brits.

Excuse me, but I take exception to that. I'm British (not "a Brit"
please, I'm not American either) and I use imperial measurements. I do
so because I was brought up with them and I'm used to them. I fail to
see why I should be forced to use the metric system. Why can't both be
used..? I still struggle to understand the weather forecasts when
temperatures are only quoted in degrees C.

The country went metric decades ago.

but not when it came to measuring roads

Of course they're metric. Try finding any imperial measurements in this
typical document:

http://www.standardsforhighways.co.uk/ha/standards/mchw/vol1/pdfs/MCHW%20700.pdf

I was talking about distance along them

as well you knew