Old September 16th 19, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Electric Shapps

In message , at 09:32:13 on Sun, 8 Sep 2019,
Roland Perry remarked:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...221daed84a5f55
3
e362f97fc7a5a7

so the reasons seem to be:

because he got government grant of 3,500 - for a near 50 grand car
(after options) is that really a deal maker?

So he can save on the ultra-low emission zone fee, - surely your
average second hand petrol model achieves that

not very compelling, is it?

The various greenwash suspicions are interestingly at odds with a much
earlier decision not to buy Priuses(sp) as ministerial cars, because
their overall footprint wasn't regarded as sufficiently compelling.

especially as he admits himself that there are not enough public
charge points - there's not a single one within parking distance of my
house

The nearest two Tesla chargers to my house are both 15 minutes drive,
and at hotel/B&B type locations. Are those truly "public"?

I'm surprised to see there's a "Pod point" [whatever that is] charger
at the Sainsbury's, because I've never noticed it. I'll go take a
proper look tomorrow.

Eventually; and the electric supply has been there a while, no evidence
of having been retro-plumbed-in after the shop was first opened seven
years ago. But don't know when it was provisioned with a charger.

2x7kW, and a second but unprovisioned pair of parking bays alongside.

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/sainsburys_charger.jpg

A Renault Zoe plugged in, 7kW is an eight-hour charge, apparently. I'm
not sure I can drag out my shopping there much beyond half an hour.