Old September 16th 19, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Electric Shapps

On 16/09/2019 21:35, Recliner wrote:

Last week I noticed another electric vehicle in use, this time unmanned. It
was at Heathrow, and I glanced out of the window as our departing A321
completed its push back. I expected to see the usual big diesel tug being
driven away enveloped in blue exhaust fumes, but instead saw a cute little
yellow robot toddling back to the stand, obediently accompanying its
master. It turns out that BA has now equipped all its gates at T5A with
these Mototok robotugs, but I'd not noticed them befo

https://mediacentre.britishairways.com/pressrelease/details/86/News-1/11451?ref=HeroStory

https://youtu.be/oIC3jw4Giic

So it means that most flights from T5A now start out electrically powered!

It doesn't look like a robot, it looks radio-controlled by adjacent bod.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Spaceways - 1996 - Trad