Old September 23rd 19, 03:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heathrow CC

In message , at 15:06:09 on Mon, 23 Sep
2019, Someone Somewhere remarked:
On 23/09/2019 14:58, Basil Jet wrote:
On 23/09/2019 12:15, wrote:
On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 10:37:29 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...-charge-is-exp
ected-to-r
aise-1-2bn-a-year-wv9qn2c36?shareToken=2e1812617e77460e9d40ce4f851b4 ca3

Ah, greenwash at its finest. I'm sure reducing the number of
vehicles going to and from the airport will really make up for the
extra emissions from the aircraft using the new runway such as the
A380 which burns half a ton of fuel just to get from the gate to
take off position.

What we really need here is fuel per passenger.

Isn't that what those yellow drones someone linked to last week are
for?

Weren't those just for pushback?

It would, of course, clearly be better if the took the planes to their
start points on the runway,

FSVO "better", I think the extra time taken would clog the taxiways up a
bit, as well as adding time to the flights.

but I'm assuming that if they're on their own power from the point of
no return on the taxiways you can get a better throughput as you don't
have to wait for the drones to decouple and get (provably) out of the
way.