Old September 24th 19, 02:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Levine[_2_] John Levine[_2_] is offline

Default pushback to avoid paying the Heathrow CC

In article , wrote:
At some airports - don't know about heathrow - some aircraft push back using
reverse thrusters.

The last plane I saw push back with a thrust reverser was an MD-80
quite a long time ago. I believe that nobody does that any more both
because it burns a lot of fuel, and the risk of junk getting into the
engine or the exhaust hurting someone on the tarmac near the plane.

--
Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",