Old September 25th 19, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heathrow CC

In message , at 13:42:21 on Wed, 25 Sep
2019, tim... remarked:
I used to work near heathrow and the number of people travelling there by
private car was a small percentage of the total.

Total public transport (by passengers) has crept up to 40% over the
last decade (from 35%). Then there's the staff.

I suspect that a far larger percentage of staff travel by PT, as being
dropped off by a relative every day isn't exactly practical, and paying
20 quid a day to park is going to take a big chunk out of someone's NMW
salary (obviously not so for flight crew)

You know that's what the staff car park costs?

Also the antisocial hours involved for many don't chime well with PT
schedules.