Old September 25th 19, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Northern Line goes south

"Recliner" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

"tim..." wrote in message

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
On 06/09/2019 16:13, tim... wrote:
"Basil Jet" wrote in message
On 06/09/2019 10:56, tim... wrote:

"David Walters" wrote in message

The Underground Working Timetables are available online:
https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/publica...ing-timetables

what a confusing format

East and westbound on alternative pages - might very possibly make
sense in printed form, absolutely useless in PDF form

They're for drivers, not for spotters.

Not a spotter, just a customer who's interested in the nominal
frequency
for each service

There's a frequency table in each WTT preceding the actual times.

yeah, I got that

It also tells me how many train diagrams there are, and what time they
leave the depot.

my point was it contained more than I actually needed.

and it doesn't tell me why the 23:32 at Earls Court went to Olympia last
night

As there are no trains scheduled to do this on a weekday except "seven
early
morning trips originating from Lillie Bridge depot and two early evening
training trips"

Presumably it would then go on up to the depot?

perhaps

but the southbound ones are in the WTT - shown as "Empty"

this Northbound one, isn't -

and no attempt was made to run it empty. The driver made several
announcements that he was going to Olympia to be sure that everybody who
don't want that destination go off. But no attempt was made to stop people
using it if they did

tim