Old September 26th 19, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Heathrow CC

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 20:04:05 on Wed, 25 Sep
2019, Recliner remarked:
I used to work near heathrow and the number of people travelling
there by private car was a small percentage of the total.

Total public transport (by passengers) has crept up to 40% over the
last decade (from 35%). Then there's the staff.

I suspect that a far larger percentage of staff travel by PT, as
being dropped off by a relative every day isn't exactly practical,
and paying 20 quid a day to park is going to take a big chunk out of
someone's NMW salary (obviously not so for flight crew)

You know that's what the staff car park costs?

no

I just assumed that it wasn't going to be free, like it isn't at most
hospitals

Don't assume.

Also the antisocial hours involved for many don't chime well with PT

there's' 24 hour PT available to LHR

Very patchy. Someone I know had to get the first bus of the day to check
in from a perimeter hotel to the central terminals. How would the check
in staff get there.

There are some 24-hour buses to Heathrow, such as the 140.

Sure, but can all the staff cram onto that one route?

I wonder if there are staff buses that operate overnight?