Old September 26th 19, 12:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Heathrow CC

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 13:21:23 +0100, MissRiaElaine
wrote:

On 23/09/2019 20:47, Recliner wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 23/09/2019 16:32, wrote:

I used to work near heathrow and the number of people travelling there by
private car was a small percentage of the total. I don't see why that would
change with a 3rd runway. And my office overlooked one of the parking pounds
of one of the private parking companies. Anyone who had seen what those ****wits
got up to with their prized possesion would never park at heathrow again.

They should never have gone for a 3rd runway at Heathrow. A second
runway at Gatwick would make far more sense.

Not according to the official Airports Commission, the majority of
passengers or the airlines.

Well, whatever as they say. I would certainly prefer to use Gatwick than
Heathrow any day.

Ah, a retired Aberdonian bus driver prefers Gatwick to Heathrow, so we
need to rush to revise the entire London airports strategy! But
perhaps you need to first persuade your own government that your idea
is better:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-37605123