Old October 15th 19, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bryan Morris Bryan Morris is offline

Default Fares Fair fares

In message , tim...
writes

"Jarle Hammen Knudsen" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 07:27:33 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 13/10/2019 22:45, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
Does anyone remember what the actual fares were when "Fares Fair" was
introduced in 1981?

There were two overlapping zones in the central area, but I don't know
where exactly they covered or what the fares were.

I thought I remembered but I saw I'd got the overlap badly wrong when I
looked at

https://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/collectio...ne/posters/ite
m/2007-8697?&apiurl=aHR0cHM6Ly9hcGkubHRtdXNldW0uY28udWsvc G9zdGVycz9zaG
9ydD0xJnNraXA9MjkyOCZsaW1pdD00OA==

(click on the image for a bit better quality)

How did one pay for the journey in 1981

almost certainly cash

and what cind of ticket did
you get? Magnetic stripe?

Unfortunately my collection doesn't go back that far

but definitely mag stripe

the question is would that have been a credit card sized ticket or did
they still have Edmondson sized "Yellow" tickets then?

tim

Yellow

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:London_Underground_ticket_1981.jpg

--