Old November 3rd 19, 12:39 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Anna Noyd-Dryver Anna Noyd-Dryver is offline

Default Orion 769 Flex cargo services into Liverpool St

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:25:22 on Sat, 2 Nov 2019,
remarked:

I use Aldi regularly as one is very close. I find the quality of their
products much better than Tesco, and once you know the layout you can
get in and out very quickly.

They don't have a layout, they just have pallets straight of the
lorry arranged in rows. Thats not a supermarket, its a distribution
centre. But then Costco is also popular so each to their own I suppose.

They do have a layout which is almost identical in all their stores
although some can be left to right.

Probably so that the vegetable aisle is ahead of you when you go in the
front door. This seems to be an article of faith in all supermarkets for
as long as I can remember.

In my local Aldi this means it's on the left, and the next nearest, on
the right.

In Asda, immediately upon entry, in Aldi, after the bread/cereal
half-aisle.

Anna Noyd-Dryver