Old November 3rd 19, 07:08 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Orion 769 Flex cargo services into Liverpool St

In message , at 07:56:24 on Sun, 3 Nov 2019,
Anna Noyd-Dryver remarked:
I use Aldi regularly as one is very close. I find the quality of their
products much better than Tesco, and once you know the layout you can
get in and out very quickly.

They don't have a layout, they just have pallets straight of the lorry
arranged in rows.

I do love it when someone proves they've never seen what it is they
claim to be talking about.

I must have imagined seeing exactly that then every time I go into my
local Lidl.

I'm not as frequent a shopper at Lidl as I am at Aldi, but certainly in the
latter I can't remember ever seeing goods for sale from a pallet. Are you
sure you aren't channelling KiwkSave?

In mine there's often a pallet (or possibly two) on the left just inside
the door with very seasonal items on it (or just after, a deep discount
- I'd expect some Halloween clearance if I went today).

Apart from that, no pallets. Tesco has more pallets, which they use for
sugar all year round and piled with mince pies at Xmas.