Old November 3rd 19, 08:00 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk is offline

Default Orion 769 Flex cargo services into Liverpool St

On 03/11/2019 08:08, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 07:56:24 on Sun, 3 Nov 2019,
Anna Noyd-Dryver remarked:
I use Aldi regularly as one is very close.Â* I find the quality of
their
products much better than Tesco, and once you know the layout you can
get in and out very quickly.

They don't have a layout, they just have pallets straight of the lorry
arranged in rows.

I do love it when someone proves they've never seen what it is they
claim to be talking about.

I must have imagined seeing exactly that then every time I go into my
local Lidl.

I'm not as frequent a shopper at Lidl as I am at Aldi, but certainly
in the
latter I can't remember ever seeing goods for sale from a pallet. Are you
sure you aren't channelling KiwkSave?

In mine there's often a pallet (or possibly two) on the left just inside
the door with very seasonal items on it (or just after, a deep discount
- I'd expect some Halloween clearance if I went today).

Apart from that, no pallets. Tesco has more pallets, which they use for
sugar all year round and piled with mince pies at Xmas.

But Morrisons has the better mince pies on Market Street.