Old November 8th 19, 10:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default Heathrow Express slashes fares all over the world

On 08/11/2019 20:23, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:37:03 on Fri, 8 Nov
2019, MissRiaElaine remarked:
On 08/11/2019 06:30, John Levine wrote:

Here in the US, the normal thing at an airport is to rent a car, not
to take a taxi.

I've never done that when arriving from the UK. I'm usually too
jet-lagged to even think about driving. I mostly stay with friends, so
either they pick me up or I get a taxi. If I need a car, I'll get it
the next day.

I have picked up cars at airports on internal flights, though.

UK internal, or USA internal?

USA internal. San Francisco to San Diego usually. Although I did get a
car one time when I flew from Aberdeen to Birmingham to visit the mother
(a dirty job, but it has to be done..!)

Back in the day, I did once have a long weekend in Glasgow which
involved a flight from London and a rental car. But that was when
I had a very well paid job where being on any kind of holiday was
hugely disapproved of. So one had to flit around within strict
limits, that would not have allowed any other means of transport
(other than perhaps a private helicopter).

That would be nice, I could mess around in a Bell 206 JetRanger all day..!

--
Ria in Aberdeen