Old November 9th 19, 12:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Levine[_2_] John Levine[_2_] is offline

Default Heathrow Express slashes fares (so it says!)

In article ,
Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
In article , Roland Perry
writes
As a result, and even as a more adventurous traveller (colleagues were
amazed I dared get a bus from Geneva to the airport, and didn't even
consider rail) I think I've only once got a train on first arrival at a
suitably equipped overseas airport.

Working backwards through my travel log.

This is all consistent with my experience.

San Francisco: always been going somewhere that needs a car, though I
have used the San Jose trams (and once acted as conductor on one).

Never took BART into the city? Works great.

Montreal: from memory, express bus to the city (Dorval train wasn't
workable) but metro in the city.

I was in Montreal yesterday. The express 747 bus runs between the
airport and downtown. There is a shuttle from the Dorval station to
the airport but only for Via Rail intercity passengers, not Exo local
passengers, snd you need to call the shuttle from your mobile to tell
it to pick you up at the airport. For arcane reasons of language
politics, the metro goes nowhere near the airport.

DFW: rented a car because it's nowhere near D or FW with no public
transport I can find.

There's now a tram that runs into Dallas, fine if you're going where
it goes. Otherwise you need a car.

--
Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",