Old November 19th 19, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default TfL fares freeze dethaws

In message , at 15:44:01 on Tue, 19 Nov
2019, Recliner remarked:

While we are on the subject, who sets the Crossrial (nee TfL Rail)
fares? And is there an expectation in Khan's pledge that those might be
pegged as well (on routes currently operated by TfL Rail).

I think that TfL only sets them inside the zones. That's why, for example,
Oyster won't be usable on TfL Rail trains next month to Reading.

"Zones" is becoming a bit fuzzy now. I suppose Shenfield is in a "Zone",
but they don't really give it a user-facing number.

Yes, it's "Zone C", but you won't find that on a ticket machine I bet.

I don't suppose TfL picks up many Shenfield to London fares; it'll mainly
be getting local traffic.

Which would include pretty much all the Brentwood/Harold Wood/etc
traffic to London.