Old November 24th 19, 10:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Charles Ellson[_2_] Charles Ellson[_2_] is offline

Default Jobsworth driver

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 22:29:09 -0000 (UTC), Anna Noyd-Dryver
wrote:

John Ray wrote:
On 24/11/2019 21:00, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:

Is there some approved timescale for omnibus campanology of which I'm
somehow unaware?

In the past you would have got the rough end of the conductor's tongue
if the bus wasn't a decent distance away from the previous stop as it
was effectively treated as equivalent to pulling the alarm on a train.

I always wait for the next stop to be announced on the PA system, which
means that, very often, I don't get the chance to ring the bell.

Could spend all day riding backwards and forwards on some routes waiting
for a PA announcement!

Anna Noyd-Dryver