Old November 28th 19, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Heathrow Express slashes fares (so it says!)

On 28/11/2019 17:38, tim... wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 22:54:23 on Wed, 6 Nov
2019, John Levine remarked:
In article ,
Roland PerryÂ* wrote:
I don't think you are a very typical traveller. Most are very
unadventurous when it comes to foreign countries, and hence the race
for
taxis (and HEx's mission to replace taxis).

Depends who the travellers are.Â* I'm currently at an ICANN meeting (I
know
you know who they are)

I'm vaguely following the proceedings from Montreal on social media.

whose travel department's phobia of public transport

I've been to about a dozen, even by train for Paris, Brussels and
London (although the latter is hardly surprising as there are no
flights from Cambridge to London). But never had any involvement from
their travel department.

Because it was my third or fourth trip to the City, I used public
transport to get to get from the airport to their meeting in Prague. I
know the RIR policy would be "you must be mad - we'll order you a limo".

ISTR Prague Airport being a pretty awkward PT transfer even for the
intrepid traveller

Relatively simple, bus to the nearest Metro station and you are away.
Clearly marked from the terminal. I gather the Metro will eventually get
to the airport.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.