Old December 1st 19, 06:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Paul Corfield

In message , at 15:28:20 on
Sat, 30 Nov 2019, Colum Mylod remarked:
On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 18:22:03 +0000, Roland Perry

From about five years ago I got the impression he'd been 'let go'
perhaps prematurely from TfL after a career in ultimately
customer-facing IT (such as Oyster and barriers) and then became an
inveterate critic of the continuing regime.

Such as (and not saying his self-imposed role was right or wrong, but it
was very much his entitlement to do so)

I had saved a posting from 4-7-2007 when he was "admitting to working
for LU",

Such postings exist back to at least 2000.

Also with the tagline "the big camp *******" (tm d.a.r.s.y)
VFR800 | ZX6R | R1150GS" in the biker community. A multi-modal champion.

where he's objectively (IMHO) critical of some of his employer's ways,
and praising too. No way did he come across as more harsh afterwards.
Very fact-based.

As far as you are aware was he still working for TfL until very
recently. Or was there at some point a break?

While I can't currently cite any postings, my recollection is that there
was change to "this wouldn't have happened on my watch" at some point.