Old December 1st 19, 09:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Paul Corfield

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:28:20 on
Sat, 30 Nov 2019, Colum Mylod remarked:
On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 18:22:03 +0000, Roland Perry

From about five years ago I got the impression he'd been 'let go'
perhaps prematurely from TfL after a career in ultimately
customer-facing IT (such as Oyster and barriers) and then became an
inveterate critic of the continuing regime.

Such as (and not saying his self-imposed role was right or wrong, but it
was very much his entitlement to do so)

I had saved a posting from 4-7-2007 when he was "admitting to working
for LU",

Such postings exist back to at least 2000.

Also with the tagline "the big camp *******" (tm d.a.r.s.y)
VFR800 | ZX6R | R1150GS" in the biker community. A multi-modal champion.

where he's objectively (IMHO) critical of some of his employer's ways,
and praising too. No way did he come across as more harsh afterwards.
Very fact-based.

As far as you are aware was he still working for TfL until very
recently. Or was there at some point a break?

While I can't currently cite any postings, my recollection is that there
was change to "this wouldn't have happened on my watch" at some point.

My memory is that he was pushed out of TfL a few years ago, and didn't get
another job. Perhaps he did some consulting, but I don't recall his ever
mentioning any such work.