Old December 6th 19, 02:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Charles Ellson[_2_] Charles Ellson[_2_] is offline

Default Jobsworth driver

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 11:09:38 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 15:57:21 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Yes, London buses consume a large subsidy, but it doesn't come from the
government. It's a cross-subsidy from the Tube. The much-hyped Boris buses
have made it worse, being almost twice as expensive as conventional hybrid
double-deckers, heavier on fuel, and with a fare evasion problem. London

Given even the normal hybrid buses I occasionally use only seem to switch
their diesel engines off when stopped (might as well just use a stop-start
system rather than lugging heavy batteries around)

A lot of new single-deckers have that.

and for about 3 seconds
after pulling away I wonder who much fuel any of them really save.