Old December 9th 19, 12:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default 378s refresh

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 11:17:23 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 08 Dec 2019 13:12:37 +0000
Recliner wrote:
On Sun, 08 Dec 2019 13:01:42 +0100, Jarle Hammen Knudsen
wrote:

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 16:04:09 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

Seems like the Overground 378s are having a refresh. New seat moquettes

and
slightly different external paint/vinyl job. Looks quite nice.

How old are they?

There were several orders, so the ages vary. The oldest carriages have
been in service just over 10 years, the youngest only four.

A rare example of a decent train - looks nice inside and out, comfortable and

with decent acceleration (when the drivers can be bothered). Naturally this
situration couldn't last so we now have the fugly, expensive and late 710s.

Why do you think that Aventras are expensive?

Lost revenue for TfL on the Goblin, having to pay to keep the diesels a
bit longer and modify some 378s to run on it. I know Bombardier coughed up
some cash but I bet it doesn't cover everything.