Old December 11th 19, 05:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Latest Heathrow master plan

In message , at 16:19:11 on Wed, 11 Dec
2019, remarked:
On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 15:19:11 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:58:44 on Wed, 11 Dec
2019, tim... remarked:
It just came from someone with a "goods should be carried by rail"
prejudice (and to be fair there's nothing actually wrong with thinking
that)

He was quoting what I believe to be mis-informed locals.

As I said if anyobe had bothered to read - I have relatives living in a
village near Huntingdon directly impacted by this bloody bypass. The amount
of farmland concreted over for it just so some drivers can save 15 mins is
obscene and thats before the extra pollution and noise is taken into account.

You also wrote, and I bothered to read: "All so trucks can save 10 mins
on their way from Felixstow instead of putting the containers on trains
where they should be."

Which is less than 1% of the traffic.

About half the traffic is going to and from Cambridge, mainly cars, and
this has increased over the years, and will continue to increase due to
local house building at Northstowe, St Ives etc.

The time which will be saved between Huntingdon and Girton is well over
15 minutes.

Then there's the viaduct over the East Coast mainline, which has been
crumbling down for years. Rather than try to rebuild what's really a
Huntingdon inner ring road, the answer is a proper bypass.