Old December 17th 19, 02:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default TfL Contradictory Announcements

On 17/12/2019 01:13, Recliner wrote:

I like some of the platform despatchers, who make live announcements. A few
of them are real characters, who are quite amusing. In particular, they
often point out that the following train is only a minute away, so it might
be worth waiting for it, rather than trying to squeeze on to the already
crammed train waiting to leave the platform.

I remember back in my British Rail days in the 80's, the station
supervisors at a certain large station where I worked for a while, were
also responsible for the announcements.

One of the guys there, who shall remain nameless, was a big fan of the
Irish comedian Dave Allen, and was known to sometimes finish his
announcements with "and may your God go with you" to the amusement of
most (although possibly not the Area Manager..!)

--
Ria in Aberdeen