Old January 6th 20, 09:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default no circle line today

"Recliner" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
tim... wrote:
(nor the central Met/District)

Who'd have thought that this would make it so hard to get where you
want
go in Z1

You have to find the alternative bus route/stop and the alternative
journey
take "forever"

Of course it's my fault really for not putting my journey into the
planner
before I travelled

Don't you get the weekly TfL newsletter?

nope

I don't travel often enough (except by bus) to make such things
worthwhile

Why not? It costs nothing.

it litters my in box

The latest one says this:

Circle line
On Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 January, there will be no service between
Edgware Road and Aldgate via Victoria. This is due to track replacement
work. Use alternative Tube or local bus routes.

District line
On Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 January, there will be no service between
Earl's
Court and East Ham. This is due to track replacement work. Use
alternative
Tube, local or replacement bus services. Rail replacement buses will run
from Liverpool Street/Canning Town to Barking.

Hammersmith & City line
On Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 January, there will be no service between
Hammersmith and Barking. This is due to track replacement work. Use
alternative Tube, local or rail replacement bus services. Rail

well yes I know now

You could have known days in advance.

I could have know by checking the Journey planner

I was just commenting upon how inconvenient such works are, in the
absence
of a bespoke replacement

"use local busses" simply doesn't work for some journeys (and that's
assuming you have access to the details of which local bus, and it stop,
you
should use)

So use a journey planner, such as TfL's, or Citymapper. These problems
were
solved long ago.

If I'd know beforehand, yes

tim