Old January 6th 20, 06:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default no circle line today

On 06/01/2020 18:57, Peter Able wrote:
On 06/01/2020 18:40, Marland wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 05/01/2020 22:34, tim... wrote:
(nor the central Met/District)

Who'd have thought that this would make it so hard to get where you
want
to go in Z1

You have to find the alternative bus route/stop and the alternative
journey take "forever"

Of course it's my fault really for not putting my journey into the
planner before I travelled

tim

I'll never understand how they can still call it the Circle line when it
doesn't go in a circle any more. What was wrong with the Hammersmith &
City..? Or even the Metropolitan come to that.

Why do people have to mess with things that aren't broken..?

We know from your posts that you have a hankering for things that you
perceive as being better in the past but if you went back far enough
would
you be moaning the the other routes that were called circles that existed
around london before the deepÂ* tube lines really got established were not
complete circles or is it a case of the era you remember because you were
there must be the golden age that transcends all others.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...ian_London.png

GH

Not complete circles then?Â* I guess that things are so much better now.

I regularly escort a disabled wife from Baker Street to South
Kensington, she is so grateful that nowadays she has to get out, get on
and sometimes use the steep footbridge at Edgware Road.

Circle Line.Â* Huh!

Go the other way round?

--
Graeme Wall