Old January 8th 20, 05:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Able[_2_] Peter Able[_2_] is offline

Default no circle line today

On 07/01/2020 01:22, MissRiaElaine wrote:

On 06/01/2020 23:51, Recliner wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 06/01/2020 21:44, Graeme Wall wrote:

Â* From Baker street you can still get to South Ken without changing
because it does go the other way round.

Yes, but it's the long way round. It's a lot quicker to go
anti-clockwise between those two places than the other way. Or at least
it was.

The quickest way, and probably the one with the least non-avoidable

stairs,
would be via Green Park.

Yes, but I think the OP wanted to avoid changing altogether. I know from
experience the difficulties involved in assisting a disabled person,
particularly one in a wheelchair, to travel on the Underground.

Good for you, Ria. Two thoughtful posts.

Yes, I want to reduce the changes - and also to use standing-only
services, pedestrian pathways, escalators and stairways as little as
possible. We're talking about a passenger with very little sense of
balance. That wipes out escalators as I must stand beside my wife on an
escalator. Imagine how popular that would make me.

Coming into London from a fair distance - to a morning clinic - the
clockwise option would force peak fares, too !

Raising these sorts of issues certainly sorts out the
type-before-thinkers from the think-before-typingers !

PA