Old January 23rd 20, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Twirly cards on TfL buses

Graham Harrison wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 21:31:38 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:
Quick question: do we expect TfL bus smartcard pads to read
regionally-issued ENCTS cards?

Cambs buses read my Cambs-issued one.

As far as I'm aware, the pads don't read non-London cards. You show it to
the driver, who issues a receipt.

I was in London last week and showed my Somerset card to several bus
drivers. They all simply nodded - no receipt. I believe I saw them
touch a button on their ticket device but can't be sure.

Yes, I'm sure they touch a button, wasn't sure about the receipt.