Old February 29th 20, 06:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heathrow expansion plans "illegal"

In message , at 07:33:31 on Sat, 29 Feb
2020, tim... remarked:

I've flown the LON-MAD-S America route and 90% of the passengers on the
long haul part are Spanish Speaking.

Their source/destination for this journey was Spain.

They aren't going to switch to flying via LON, it adds 6 hours to their
journey.

It's ironic that in a debate about the efficacy of transit hubs you are
justifying their useless by an example of when you were using one!

And while Spain-London-S/America might add a bit to a trip, I've just
looked up some flights where changing at the hub known as Lisbon saves
40% of the fare and only adds 2hrs to the end-to-end time.

Possibly less, if checking in for a Madrid-Lisbon flight can be done
later than a Madrid-S/America one.