Old March 9th 20, 02:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default Heathrow expansion plans "illegal"

On 09/03/2020 09:22, wrote:
On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 23:02:47 +0000
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 07/03/2020 12:14,
wrote:
On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 16:53:09 +0000
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 05/03/2020 16:44,
wrote:

Yet another long haul? Your carbon bootprint must be coming along nicely I
imagine.

My other half and I will probably be going to the States later this year
to visit friends. I *would* row the Atlantic, but I'm a bit out of
practice and I suspect I'd lose puff before I got out of sight of the land.

Or alternatively don't go. They can't be close friends if they cleared off
to live 4000 miles away.

Who says they cleared off..? They were born there. What, I can't make
friends with people in other countries now..?

Perhaps you have a different definition of friends. For me a friend is someone
who I can phone and meet down the pub, not someone I have to fly miles
to see maybe and shell out a small fortune to do so.

A friend to me is someone I relate to, common interests and such like.
Distance doesn't come into it in the present era of t'interweb. I speak
to my friends in the US on the phone often, and as a result would like
to visit.

I do have friends I can go to the pub with, but that's not my sole
definition of the word.

--
Ria in Aberdeen